Hi all, just to clarify - I was kidding when I suggested that I needed more
film titles related to the representation of the auto in cinema... your
ongoing list if fantastic and quite inspiring - thanks everyone... I was
serious about suggestions for readings though...

Also, second question - and this is related to the auto question but
slightly different - I am putting together a lecture (not a course) about
the representation of travel trailers in cinema - Here, I am thinking
specifically of the moral panic of mobility as expressed explicitly by the
FBI around the popularity of motor courts and trailer parks (one of you
described moral panic in my last "auto question" as related to "mobile
bedrooms"  - thanks for that).

Some films/TV shows that I currently have include - well - the obvious
Lucille Ball vehicle The Long, Long Trailer, the first TV episode of Alfred
Hitchcock Presents (where a couple living in a trailer park is driven to
murder), and an educational film titled We Live In A Trailer.

Any memorable scenes from films or films themselves that deal with mobile
homes and/or travel trailers?

Know that I have some great texts on the subject including:
The Making of American Resorts
On Hobos and Homelessness
Gypsying After 40
Galloping Bungalows
Wheel Estate
Americans on the Road
Travels With Charlie

OK, thanks EVERYONE for your last input about autos... let's see what
happens with this inquiry!
best,
bk
Bryan Konefsky
director, Experiments in Cinema
presidente, Basement Films
lecturer, Dept of Cinematic Arts UNM
visiting lecturer, UCSC
board of advisors, Ann Arbor Film Festival