It's worth noting for those in the US that Spectra Film & Video sells Fuji
Velvia in Super 8.

-JH

________________________________
 From: Phaeton Graph <phaetongr...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Cherry Kino <cherrykinocin...@yahoo.com>; Experimental Film Discussion List
<frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Analogue Film

Thanks Cherry,

The cost of individually importing film (and film accessories) to UK from
continental Europe is exessive - I tried it a couple of times and came away
with holes in my pockets. If only UK companies would be a little more outgoing
and buy in some of these film stocks *in bulk* it would be a happy day all
round. That Fuji Velvia exists as a motion picture film stock yet, as far as I
know, is unavailable in Britain as cine film, says it all.

Silverprint London (Waterloo) occasionally stock Foma film [Czech Republic] in
b/w reversal, Standard 8, Double Super 8, and 16mm. This is great stuff I
find and they also sell the chemistry to develop it. But the supply is
sporadic. Possibly with dwindling reversal stocks the supply may improve and
Foma may step up their production, what have they to lose? If only they could
come up with a colour reversal film to match their b/w stock.

Fingers crossed for the future of reversal film.

PG