Cindy Keefer
Center for Visual Music (CVM)
www.centerforvisualmusic.org/Belson
reply to CVM email:   cvmaccess at gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: "Doug Chaffin(\"Douglas Graves\")"
Sent: Dec 10, 2012 9:27 PM
To: FrameWorks
Subject: [Frameworks] My Trip To PFA And Canyon Cinema Part 4

(excerpts)
...I was particularly excited to finally see some 16mm prints of a couple of
his pieces.

"Meditation" Jordan Belson
Coolly blue, flowing dynamic visuals. Misty, shimmering, rich blacks, handsome
beautiful blue shapes and cloud-forms. Very calming and dream-like. Delicious
to look at and great sound too. To my recollection, his most cool and relaxing
movie.

"World" Jordan Belson
Unfortunately the print is terrible, milky white, faded colors, along with the
normal problems like dirt and scratches... this film print to my recollection
is completely ruined. Like some kind of very sad archaelogical find of a once
great painting that has fallen apart to almost nothing of it's former glory.

"Momentum" Jordan Belson
This one is the vaguest in my mind. I definitely have to see it again to give
it it's proper due.

"Light" Jordan Belson
A favorite of mine from the CVM DVD and it was great to see it projected on
film! An old print, pretty bruised and beaten with dirt and scratches. But the
colors are still saturated and vivid! Having known all the visuals in it after
many several viewings of the dvd on different kinds of screens and players over
the last 3 years, it was quiet a revelation to enjoy it projected on celluloid!
I saw some incredible differences in  the visual details and motions. The kind
of movement and textural "look" of the film print was very different and more
exciting optically to me and much more dynamically kinetic and graceful.

Douglas Graves