Yep, you can't get rid of the orange either, I wondered that, the colour is
also something to do with the chemical composition of colour negative
apparently :-|

________________________________
 From: John Woods <jawood...@yahoo.ca>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Saturday, 12 January 2013, 0:36
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Ektachrome or 16mm color reversal

You can process colour print film and colour negative in E-6.

If processing colour negative your first step will be to remove the remjet,
about a minute in water with Borax will do the trick. You'll need to overexpose
the film 2 stops and push 1 stop for best results. The positive image will have
a golden tinge to it. It won't look like Ektachrome but you will get a good
image to work with.

John