hi Gene,
FCP 7.0 runs effortlessly since years on my apple macbook pro (2.4 ghz
intel core duo) under OSX 10.6.6. i dunno how it runs under 10.6.8 but i
would not expect problems.
i would however say: stay away from the new FCP X. i have never worked with
it but film editors i spoke to hate it. it seems designed for the average
consumer, not expert people. from my understanding it hasn't received a lot
of professional endorsement. i might not be up to date and would love to
hear other opinions on this.
best, marco

On 28 February 2013 18:06, Gene Youngblood <ato...@comcast.net> wrote:

>   Colleagues,
> Iā€™d appreciate opinions about which Mac laptop configuration is optimum
> for running FCP (model, specs, etc).

ā€“
marco poloni
usedomer strasse 8