I tried to post a comment to this article expressing my dissatisfaction about
her very idiosyncratic lexicon, but it seems not to have taken.  The author
goes on to say that Citizen Kane was avant garde, completely ignoring the
historical usage of this term.  I don't understand why The Independent got
someone to write this article who seems to have very little exposure to
experimental film.  (She also seems to have mostly art-world references for
exp. film, which is another problem after the more basic ones.)

Mass protest?
R.