You are not alone- I live in LA and feel the same isolation from time to
time, being in "the" industry town is great for resources but thin on the
experimental community experience. That said, we do have the Echo Park Film
Center, Cinefamily and others here as centers of some activity. Milwaukee
is a great experimental film town, UWM being the source of fresh talent.
I'm restoring/putting together a JK 104 recently given to me, I'm all on
board if you like to talk Op Printing.

JV