Sad news, but he'll live on through his 200 (!) films and tremendous
influence.

At Spectacle in Brooklyn we are also doing a spontaneous Saturday night
tribute with a midnight screening of SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY:
http://spectacletheater.com/april-midnights-12102#franco

Jon

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Florian Cramer <flrnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not the typical filmmaker to be discussed on Frameworks - although in
> the genre of b,c, and z exploitation movies, he was a one-of-a-kind
> artist: obsessive, erotomanic, with his films constituting their own
> particular, surreal universe with many cross-references and recurring
> characters. Next to directing, he often acted in his own films,
> operated the camera (with which he pioneered the rapid pubic area
> zoom) and composed their musical scores. Constantly on the run from
> his creditors, he often shot three or more films simultaneously
> without his producers and even actors and crew knowing.
>
> Jess Franco died today at age 82.
>
> At WORM in Rotterdam, we'll spontaneously celebrate his eccentric
> genius with a Jess Franco film night this Saturday night starting at
> 8:30 p.m.. (Entrance is free, but obtain a password from
> flor...@worm.org).

*SCREEN SLATE <http://www.screenslate.com/> / PUBLISHER/EDITOR /
INDEPENDENT, REPERTORY & GALLERY SCREENING LISTINGS*
*330.265.3875 / jon.dierin...@gmail.com / follow screen slate on
facebook<http://www.facebook.com/screenslate>&
twitter <http://twitter.com/#!/screenslate>*