Frame Discreet is a great place to get 2K scans if you are in Toronto or
Ontario. Their frame accurate system, quality colour correction and keen
eye for detail has made many a fellow filmmaker up here jump for joy with
the results.  I personally have had detail pulled from what I thought were
totally blown out highlights once FD got my print into their machines. This
positive edge is also to be said about the general quality of work as I've
heard from others about having their faith in film regained as a medium
after having FD re-transfer their prints that were inadequately transfered
by other companies in the city.

I'm often finding myself shooting in lower frame rates such as 8fps and
16fps and their delivery method allows for me to edit (NLE) my content at
it's proper frame rate in order for me to have a totally accurate
film-output for my release print. That being said, this did not stop Sarah
Polly from utilizing their services for super 8 contend for her latest
feature documentary "Stories We Tell".

As Roger said, they are more than willing to provide samples of their work
if you ask. Their website already does have content to peruse.

Cheers!

Karl Reinsalu - LIFT Technical Coordinator - (www.lift.ca)

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Roger Wilson <rogerdwil...@sympatico.ca>wrote:

> Hi Ryder,
>
> I have used Frame Discreet for many SD transfers in the past and know
> fellow filmmakers who have used their HD transfers, I only have good things
> to say about Frame Discreet and Justin Lovell. But if you like to see
> samples I am sure they can provide something for you to view they are a
> very helpful bunce!
>
> Good Luck!
>

> Roger D. Wilson
> 613 324 - 7504
> rogerdwil...@sympatico.ca
> http://www.rogerdwilson.ca
>
> Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and
> my career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome
> it as it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different,
> something new.
> *
> *
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:52:23 -0300
> From: ryder.wh...@gmail.com
> To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
> Subject: [Frameworks] Frame Discreet 2K
>

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone used Frame Discreet in Toronto for their 2K digital transfer,
> especially for colour super 8? Looks like a decent deal but I can't say
> that I've seen any work come out of there personally...
>
> Thanks,
>
> RW

Karl Reinsalu
e.mail: kreins...@gmail.com