SUBMISSION DEADLINE MAY 31, 2013

The next Synthetic Zero Event will be in early July at BronxArtSpace, only 20
minutes from Union Square. We're looking for experimental film and video, video
installation, visual art, performance, music, readings, dance and other work
for the show.

The Synthetic Zero events are a series of DIY art events focusing on high
quality experimental and contemporary work in different media. We typically do
not have a specific theme for each event but instead work with ideas that
emerge from the interaction between submitted work and curatorial interests. By
working this way, we hope the events reflect back the dialogue and practice of
artists involved and create evocative encounters for the audience. In the past,
a diverse set of curators has chosen work by artists from around the world,
including Miranda July, Yoshi Sodeoka, Zoe Leonard, Hector Canonge, Benton
Bainbridge, and many others. Prior event programs can be found here.

To be considered, send the following to eve...@syntheticzero.com:

CV including contact information/website address
Artist Statement
Still Images
Up to 5 jpegs, 1000 pixels in the largest dimension
Slide List for images including title, date, dimensions, medium, and
description if needed
Video:
Play List for submitted videos including title, date, time, preferred display
method, and description if needed
We prefer videos sent as links to downloadable video files or Vimeo or YouTube
links. You can also send a DVD (NTSC or PAL) to:
Mitsu Hadeishi / Synthetic Zero
305 E 140th St #1A
Bronx, NY 10454
718 772-4961
The event is being curated by Mitsu Hadeishi, who has been putting on art
events in the New York City area since 2003, including work from artists both
local to the city and from around the world. These events have featured
experimental video, performance, visual art, dance, music, poetry, interactive
work, and installations. He has a BA in Physics from Harvard, works with
technology, and has written an art/philosophy/politics blog since 1999. He's
collaborated with and has provided technology help for a number of artists
including Harrell Fletcher, Miranda July, Alyse Emdur, Kenneth Mroczek, and
Khaela Maricich.

DIRECTIONS:

BronxArtSpace is at 305 E. 140th St., #1A, Bronx NY 10454. We are open most
Thursdays-Saturdays from 2pm-6pm, except for the last week of the month, as
well as for other special events. Please see our calendar for a complete
schedule of events.

We're about 20 minutes from Union Square. From Manhattan, 4-5 train to 125th,
transfer to 6, one stop to 3rd Ave/138th St, it's 2 blocks from there. Note
there are two exits at 3rd Ave/138th, one at Alexander Ave and one at 3rd Ave.
Ring 3A or 1B if 1A does not answer.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO FRIENDS! Thanks.

Note: These events are made possible in part with public funds from the Bronx
Council on the Arts through the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
Greater New York Arts Development Fund Regrants Program, Bronx Borough
President Ruben Diaz and the Bronx delegation of the City Council. In addition,
the events are supported by contributions from individual donors, the New York
City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the Puffin Foundation.