Kate,

I've found that Cyanotype absorbs effectively into film that still has its
original gelatin on it, that is, already processed film or clear leader that is
just fixed and still has gelatin.  Just soak the film in cyanotype solution,
and let it dry in a dark place.  But as Brian says, it's EXTREMELY slow, and
what passes for developing it does not, as with silver halide film, amplify the
exposure.  Only exposure to light can create an image on it, and only blue --
ultraviolet light at that.  This means that you can work with it in
incandescent room light, and not worry about flashing it, but it also means
that it needs exposures of a minute or more in full sunlight.  It works for
contact prints.  To use it in a camera, one would need to expose each frame for
something like two minutes.  Which might be very interesting!

Good luck!