40 Frames, with the assistance of several hard working interns, is
expanding the list of 16mm exhibitors (outside of the U.S. and Canada) that
appear at...

http://www.16mmdirectory.org/exhibitors

We have cross-referenced the Library of Congress (LOC) list of global
archives, which includes a number of cinematheques and public exhibition
programs. Our interest is in finding 16mm exhibitors outside of and not
included in the LOC list, as we have already sent questionnaires to those
archives and cinematheques on the LOC list.

We are calling on all Frameworkers to provide any information you can about
the following areas. We are in search of venues that can publicly screen
16mm films, including archives and cinematheques (not on the LOC list),
universities, film societies, art and repertory cinemas, micro-cinemas and
other small scale coordination of 16mm screenings.

We appreciate any info you can provide, the more detail the better, however
we welcome any leads. The headings that appear below reflect the LOC’s
geographical organization of archives.

LATIN AMERICA

Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia, Peru, Brazil, Ecuador, Venezuela,
Nicaragua

El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico

Current listings for the above area:

http://www.16mmdirectory.org/exhibitors?country=BR

http://www.16mmdirectory.org/exhibitors?country=MX

AFRICA & THE NEAR EAST

Algeria, Morocco, Eritrea, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Iran and Israel

Current listings for the above area:

http://www.16mmdirectory.org/exhibitors?country=MA

http://www.16mmdirectory.org/exhibitors?country=IL

EUROPE (partial list, pulled from LOC)

Yugoslavia, Turkey, Serbia, Poland, Macedonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary,
Greece, Georgia, Estonia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Canary Islands, Belarus
and Albania

No current listings for the above area.

Best,

Alain LeTourneau