Directors Lounge Screening:

Monika Rechsteiner
Reality Check

Thursday, 25 July 2013
21:00
Z-Bar
Bergstraße 2
10115 Berlin-Mitte

Monika Rechsteiner's films are metaphers of spaces, which unfold over the time of their viewing. Firstly, they seem to be long panorama travels over photographic stills. This unfamiliar and possibly uncanny reduction seems to go against expectations of movement and depth in films. However the camera travels further onto different picture planes and different points-of-view. The films present frames and skeleton constructions of buildings, unfinished ruins or uncanny city panoramas, which seems to unfold from the inside. At the same time, the written or spoken discourse leads towards a completely different level. While discussing art and the production of art, or the unfolding ticker-news about Fukushima in 2011, we still are lead to a self-reflection of our perceptions. The realistically recorded and presented spaces thus turn into metaphors, into mental constructions. The program presents more well-known pieces such as “To Be Continued" (about Tokyo-Fukushima) and “Wie von Selbst" (As If By Itself), but also less known short works that originated in Super-8 and digital video.

Monika Rechsteiner will be availab le for Q&A. Curated by Klaus W. Eisenlohr.

Artist Links:
http://www.echtzeitverdichtung.org

Links:
Directors Lounge
http://www.directorslounge.net
Full program details:
http://www.richfilm.de/currentUpload"http://www.richfilm.de/currentUpload/
Z-Bar
http://www.z-bar.de

--

Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin, Germany

email:                  kl...@richfilm.de
and film production:            http://www.richfilm.de

phone:                  int.- 49 - 30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)