If "art" is pitched against "porn", that's a losing proposition for
underground, anti-mainstream filmmaking. We can be sure that the reasoning
that bans hotel porn would equally ban Jack Smith or Carolee Schneemann,
for example. What this will effectively help doing, is to establish a
sanitized canon of high-end artist-filmmakers/video maker canon, with
predictable names and outcomes. (The same thing that has also happened in
performance art with Marina Abramovic's late career re-emergence as its
high priest and megastar.)

-F

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Chuck Kleinhans <chuck...@northwestern.edu