 From: Adrian Yepez <ad.ye...@hotmail.com>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Thursday, 29 August 2013, 23:30
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Need Bolex Camera Information

> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:47:50 -0400
> From: ste...@gladstonefilms.com
> To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Need Bolex Camera Information
>
> Hi Adrian, Check out the links on this page.
> http://www.gladstonefilms.com/Classiccameras.html
>
> Also on this page is a bunch of links you may find interesting.
>
> http://www.gladstonefilms.com/links.html
>
> Best
>
> On 8/28/13 11:29 AM, Adrian Yepez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My name is Adrian. I live in Austin, TX and I'm currently a student at my
> > community college, Austin Community College (or ACC), and I need some help
> > as to where a good starting point would be when it comes to researching
> > Bolex cameras. Yesterday I pitched an idea to my two RTF professors about
> > starting up a club that's involved in investing in vintage film equipment
> > for the RTF students at ACC to have access to and start up an experimental
> > film portion of the RTF program. One professor absolutely loved the idea of
> > having that aspect as part of the RTF Program and deeply encouraged me to
> > actually make this club happen. But on the other hand my other professor
> > gave me the harsh realities as to why that would never work. Unfortunately
> > I won't go into detail as to why that wouldn't work, but I left his office
> > with my head pointed to the sky because I believe it can actually work. I
> > mean why not right? My goal is learn to how to use and know as much
 information about old Bolex cameras. I want film to still be alive and used by
students, regardless if they're from a community college or not, to not only
have on their résumé but as an amazing experience as well. A student that
diversifies themselves by having the experience of both worlds would truly give
them a wider perspective in the film industry. So Im reaching out to anybody
that is willing to give me a good starting point I would most appreciate it!
Please anybody! Thank you.