At Microscope Gallery in Brooklyn tomorrow at 7pm!

Microscope is extremely pleased to launch our new season of Events – and
our 4th year! – with the premiere of the latest 16mm film and live sound
performance by Rose Kallal. With "Hydrargyrum Kallal" will transform the
white walls of the space with her looping 16 mm films, cycling at different
speeds to create a flow of patterns and motifs that alternatively
disintegrate, reconfigure and synchronize with each other. The films
combine both digital animation produced by computer with traditional analog
animation techniques. Kallal will perform live sound using modular
synthesizers and percussion.

- -
Rose Kallal is a NYC based 16mm film and sound artist. Her installations
and performances have been presented internationally at venues and
galleries that include, Participant Inc.,  MoMA PS1, Ramiken Crucible
Gallery, Spike Island Art Center (Bristol, UK), The Paradiso/Sonic Acts
Festival (Amsterdam, NL) and Museum of Contemporary Art of Bologna, Italy.
Musical releases for UK label We Can Elude Control include a split 7”
record with Mick Harris (Napalm Death, Lull) & Karl O’Connor (Regis), 12″
record Vermillion Vortex with remix by Robert A A Lowe (Lichens), and
upcoming 12″ record Implicate Explicate.

Microscope Gallery, 4 Charles Place (at Myrtle btw Bushwick & Evergreen
Ave), Brooklyn, NY 11221

tel: 347.925.1433, email: i...@microscopegallery.com