If you have an address you'll be staying at on the east coast, you could
always order ahead from kodak so your film is there when you arrive (this
has helped us out a lot as we travel). I don't have any experience with LA
labs but Alphacine (http://www.alphacine.com) in Seattle does high quality
work if you can handle the shipping.

RW