From: Beebe, Roger <roge...@ufl.edu>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 1:03 pm
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] films/videos using/made up of text

In the same vein as Gently Down the Stream, you might take a look at Lauren
Cook's Altitude Zero.  I do think Lauren's film (like Gently and many of the
others listed) rely on IMAGES just as much as text.  It seems the list narrows
considerably if you're thinking about films that are only textual (like Peter
Rose's Secondary Currents), but even those films are not really "just" text,
since they rely on a choice of typeface, a specific decision about where to
place the text in the frame, etc.  Some of David Gatten's text-heavy films, for
example, seem to me equally to be about typography and about the texture of the
pages as much as they're about the words themselves.

Roger