Thanks for the info, Steve. Interesting that it was made rather than found. To
be truly found, must it have previously been lost? (and this is a digression,
as I fully understand the request made in the original post.)  My memory of
"Ordinary Matter" is that the soundtrack "plays" like a found soundtrack - they
obviously don't belong together in a conventional sense and there is tension in
the way the sound and image aggressively hold each other off, like two football
players in a stiff arm standoff, each demanding its own pace and space. There's
a lot of that in Frampton's films, come to think of it, one might even call it
"Surface Tension."

I have swapped soundtracks for many years - more "displaced"  than found.
Example is "Home Safe Badminton," two complete 16mm educationals shown one
after the other, projector sound is off. First one is "Home Safe Home" (circa
1950) the second is "Badminton Fundamentals" (circa 1960). Running times are
the same, with the soundtracks recorded on tape you listen to all of BF as you
watch HSH, then vice versa. You learn a lot (do not leave that electrical cord
dangling,  do a full backswing for a smash) and it is entertaining, too.
During the first half the soundtrack is definitely lost, it just does not
belong, then it is completely found (in the wrong place, doh!!) during the
second half. For some reason I have always thought that it is the soundtrack
that has moved, but of course it could just as easily be said that the image
has been moved, same difference.

I am tempted to say that appropriation isn't what it used to be.

Tom Whiteside