GLOBE is great, imo.

On 11/25/13 7:05 PM, "Fred Camper" <f...@fredcamper.com> wrote:

> Quoting Albert Alcoz <albertalc...@yahoo.es>:

> Hi,
>
> Institutional
> Qualityby George Landow was created from a found
> soundtrack, in this case
> a tape recorder about an instructional test.
>
> Does anyone know other
> examples that uses found soundtracks for
> experimental films, especially
> from the sixties and seventies?

There is this one by Ken Jacobs:

GLOBE
> (1971, 22 mins, 16mm, color, sound on cassette)
(Previously titled: EXCERPT
> FROM THE RUSSIAN REVOLUTION)
³Flat image (of snowbound suburban housing tract)
> blossoms into 3D
only when viewer places Eye Opener before the right eye.
> (Keeping both
eyes open, of course. As with all stereo experiences, center
> seats are
best. Space will deepen as one views further from the screen.) The

found-sound is X-ratable (not for children or Nancy Reagan) but is

important to the film¹s perfect balance (GLOBE is symmetrical) of
divine
> and profane.² (KJ)  (pasted in from

http://nightingalecinema.org/ken-jacobs-x-3-old-new/)

I've seen it, and am
> not completely sure what I thought of it. It is
at the least extremely
> interesting.

Fred
> Camper