I guess it depends on your POV and what your description of crime is. But I'll
throw these two out anyways, I and I agree, there's probably a million more.
Lizzie Borden's "Born in Flames" and Spielberg's "Sugarland Express." Re: women
as detectives I saw this last week on TCM, "The Penguin Pool Murders." Time Out
Film  Guide, has a simply wonderful subject index that I turned to often at the
library; Videohound's Golden Movie Retriever likewise has a handy index, and no
longer published Motion Picture Guide. If I remember correctly, The Rough Guide
to Film also had a juicy subject index. And I would be remiss not mentioning
and giving a shout out for Halliwell's Filmgoer's Companion. All should be at a
well stocked larger public library.  And of course, IMdB is pretty fantastic,
too, for searching for films on a certain subject, and even from a certain
time, and country. And this looks like a great site for you. Probably doesn't
get into
 experimental or even independent film, so you'll have to look.
http://www.crimeculture.com/Contents/CrimeFilms-5.html

Elizabeth

>________________________________

List
>Subject: Re: [Frameworks] women and crime
>

>lady thieves: Set It Off, How to Beat the High Cost of Living, Pink
Panthers (Doc.), Bonnie and Clyde, Catwoman (in a variety of places)...

>lady gangs: Switchblade Sisters, Savage Streets, the Lizzies
in the Warriors...

>true-crime lady murderers and accomplices in film: The 2
Aileen Wuornos docs by Nick Broomfield, Monster, Karla (a pretty terrible take
on Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka), Badlands, The Honeymoon Killers,  To
Die For, The Bling Ring (there is a Lifetime version as well as the S. Coppola)
and while we're on the Lifetime tip, there are tons like Blue Eyed Butcher
(about Susan Smith), The Two Mr. Kissels, A Murder in New Hampshire, A Murder
in
the Hamptons, all based on real lady murderers...

>lady detectives: There was a "documentary" show about Dale
Hinman, a lady detective from Florida and "Dr. G" about Florida's chief medical
examiner., Silence of the Lambs, Kindergarten Cop...

Barbara GMX <barbara.kapu...@gmx.at>
>To:
Experimental Film Discussion List
<frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
>Subject: Re:
[Frameworks] women and crime
>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014
18:52:33 -0600

>Thank you for the suggestions..
>
>With groups of women I mean in crime. Let´s say a
police office where the boss and half of the crew are women -
>or a group of female thieves working together.
>I am interested in alternatives to the standard and classic structures of
women as victims (even if they are the ones committing the murder,…) or of
male/female relationships,..

>And are there any suggestions for female detectives?!
>And always female directors!
>
>November by Hito Steyerl is a great reference! Thank you!!
>
>Barbara
>

>On 23 Jan 2014, at 17:27, franco base <frenk.ca...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Cat woman by Brian mills.
>>Il 24/gen/2014 00:03 "Peter Mudie" <peter.mu...@uwa.edu.au> ha  scritto:
>>
>>Yes, it's like asking someone to help you find canned beans at  Safeway.
>>>Peter
>>>(Perth)
>>>
>>>There's actually quite a bit in the  mainstream:
>>>

>>>for groups:  start with the TV series Orphan Black (first season  on Blu-ray
>>>and DVD now, second season starts this spring); also earlier,  Doll House
>>>also pretty good: Continuum (sci-fi) on streaming Netflix
>>>
>>>Of course, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.
>>>
>>>Academic feminists have written a lot about this trend:
>>>
>>>Chris Holmlund, "the "deadly dolls" chapter of Impossible Bodies
>>>Linda Mizejewski, Hardboiled and High Heeled
>>>Martha McCaughey and Neal King, eds, Reel Knockouts
>>>Hilary Neroni  The Violent Woman
>>>
>>>and there's the whole rape/revenge cycle….
>>>
>>>that's just scratching the surface…good hunting
>>>
>>>Chuck Kleinhans
>>>

>>>On Jan 23, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Barbara GMX wrote:
>>>
>>>Hello everyone,

      and conversations for some time and I´m amazed! Thanks for all the great
      input!

      for crime films/documentaries, also videos, short and experimental film,
      where either the detective or the thief/gangster/con artist is a woman.
      Especially interesting would be groups of women.