I'm certainly no techie, so this is a question, not a recommendation. Doesn't something like the Canopus ADVC-100 convert without compression?

-----Original Message----- From: Shane Eason
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:11 PM
To: ben.weinst...@mindspring.com ; Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] analogue video conversion NYC area perhaps? maybe?

Have you tried bridging through a miniDV deck? You can playback in the original video deck, and use the miniDV deck to record and capture.
-Shane
Miami/FTL

On Mar 15, 2014, at 2:13 PM, <ben.weinst...@mindspring.com> wrote:

Hey yall. Anyone have a good video converter that doesnt compress video? (aka the dazzle) I have some Hi 8 and some VHS footage that I want to capture and i bought a datavideo converter box but it didnt work. Anyone in the long Island area or NYC area got something I can use for this? Thanks