How do you then import and export those files via FCP? I've only worked in
low res formats  ­up to Pro Res HQ- nothing bigger than that,

Thanks,

Nicky.

From:  Jeff Kreines <j...@kinetta.com>
Date:  Sat, 15 Mar 2014 17:02:31 -0500
To:  <ryder.wh...@gmail.com>, Frameworks Discussion List
<frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Subject:  Re: [Frameworks] super 8 transfers?

Thanks, Dan:

Kinetta Archival in NYC scans all formats at a resolution of 3296 x 2472 x
12 bits ‹ which for 4:3 aspect ratio film is about 5x the resolution of
pillar-boxed HD.  Makes a big difference for small format film.

We have revised our price list making things simpler for those who don¹t
want us to do grading (color correction).  You can download the latest
version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8g4h4wf21srus2/Kinetta Archival price list March
2014 Rev F.pdf
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8g4h4wf21srus2/Kinetta%20Archival%20price%20list
%20March%202014%20Rev%20F.pdf>

Forgive the blatant self-promotion.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta Archival

On Mar 15, 2014, at 3:45 PM, ryder.wh...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Where are you located? There are a number of good options I can think of but
> if you're looking for low cost, you don't want to be going all across the
> continent. And low-cost is pretty relative...most of the services I know of
> (that produce acceptable results) come in between $.50 and $1/ft for HD or 2K.
>
> Here's a cursory list (but I'd be eager to hear others' suggestions). Some are
> more expensive than others, but I don't think that any have exorbitant set up
> charges:
>
> Frame Discreet (Toronto)
>
> Lightpress (Seattle)
>
> Movette (San Francisco - they have a Kinetta machine and do transfers quite
> affordably, it seems, though I haven't yet been able to use them personally)
>
> And there's always Kinetta Archival in NYC!
>
> Hope that helps a bit.
>
> RW
>

> Sent from mobile - please excuse typographical errors.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
j...@kinetta.com
kinetta.com