I do believe there is a title card on the film. "Serene Velocity" written
in pen on a piece of paper and photographed, placed long before the images
start. Ernie Gehr was a professor of mine and once explained that he added
titles like this because, while he would prefer that they not be part of
the film (or the experience or whatever) he was sick of projectionists who
would cut off his films' leaders--thinking that the black parts before and
after the film parts didn't matter--and splice them too close to other films
that might be ganged onto a reel with his. So the title card (if there is
one) is a buffer. He also mentioned to me once that a four-frame rhythm was
the goal/score/script/whatever he used to structure *Serene Velocity* in
its shooting but also that he had made "mistakes" in its shooting, with the
result that not every "shot" in the film came out as exactly four frames.
Yes no kidding. I've never counted...

Steve