Did anyone on this list attend Anthology's recent (Mar 9) screening of
Otto Muehl's "Materialaktionsfilme" (1970)?

http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/film_screenings/calendar?view=list&month=03&year=2013#showing-40493

I'm curious about the contemporary reaction to that film.

I don't know if it was ever officially banned, but we screened it at
the EFC in Chicago in the late 80s, and I remember that night as being
as close to a riot-at-a-film-screening as I'm likely to experience.
The few remaining in the gallery after the mass exodus, triggered
especially by the section involving the swan, were unlikely to be
offended by anything that came later, e.g., pastries & enemas.

Scott, I'm not sure what you're aiming for with your screening,
especially "because eroticism is wholly dependent on the viewer's
culture and personal tastes pertaining to what, exactly, defines the
erotic"[1].

Warhol's "Blue Movie"[2] (RIP Louis Waldron)? Or "Couch"?

Eric

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Movie