hmmmm... curious that you would have this problem w/o  any other devices in
line.

I know in my job we have this problem all the time, and it is solved by
adjusting the 'color space'.
Heres the problem... IDK where you would change that setting.
Usually in my work, when there is a colorspace issue, there is another device
in line, a switcher or something.

Heres something you can try.
While the camera is plugged into the proj and turned on, look in the projector
menu for  'auto PC adjust'
I have also seen this as its own button on the proj.

Hit this button and let the projector "interpret" the video signal it is
getting.
It should take a couple of seconds, and then pop up looking good.

What kind of projector is it?
Also remember that your proj 's HDMI is meant for a computer to be plugged in.
So maybe something w that '4-2-2 rgb as opposed to true 4-4-4 rgb' is your
problem?

Let me know if you want anymore advice.

/experience: I work in corporate AV and every convention there is some problem
like this we have to fix........

Kristie Reinders, B.F.A.

Director of Cinematography, Electric Visions

Curator and Head Projectionist, Electric Mural Project

The Mission, San Francisco, CA

'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'

- - - Issac Asimov