Hi Tenzin,

The only point the public is technically allowed to access is from a rest area
almost exactly 10 miles east of Wendover on interstate 80. This is a popular
site, but one can walk out a good distance (or possibly forever) from the rest
area. Unfortunately the better view in my humble opinion, would be from the
north side of I-80. It has a more mountainous landscape and the lighting might
be better depending on the time of day. There's technically no way to turn
around and get onto the westbound side until about 30 minutes east of Wendover,
but there are probably points for emergency vehicles to turn around before
then. But to do that legally one would have to drive over an hour. Also be
warned that there's only one or two gas stations between Wendover an Salt Lake
City.

Cheers,
Chris