Thanks for the comprehensive list Alain.
This barrel is on a kodak pageant, and so yeah, not such a fast lens at f1.6
and impossible to find anything slower, especially given the skinniness of that
barrel. I don’t think I will go so far as to machine it out. I was really
looking for an easy way to increase the actual bulb brightness by upping it to
300/350W from 250W, say, without doing damage. I will look into the rheostat
idea.

And thanks David for an incredible response to the transformer query, very
helpful. I will contact you off list.

Alex