I did use FCP to get an edit list in 2009. I used SD video with burn in code.
Got Flex files from a transfer from Deluxe Vancouver. The used Cinema Tools to
convert the files at home. However as I recall there was a few kinks in the
workflow. Normally my digital edits are chaotic with clips stacked all over
themselves on the timeline and this caused problems when I created the initial
EDL. An editor pal said that I needed to simplify the timeline. So I
re-arranged the cut onto a single line and also had to make sure that I used
the fade/dissolve tools rather than using the 'pen' tool to create my own
fades. I double checked the EDL with the burn in code and it was perfect!

With a 24fps HD timeline I don't see why it wouldn't work. As per Jodies
advice. Do everything very simple and clean and you'll be fine.

John