Hey thanks to Dave and David for excellent analyses of DLP vs. LCD!

I've also been a fan of LCDs (I find the DLP rainbow effect very annoying and distracting) and so asked a guy at a local rental house his opinion. He came up with a few things AGAINST LCDs:

LCD's are generally more expensive (we knew that).
DLP bulbs last ~10,000 hours, LCD only ~1,000 hours
DLP's are brighter
LCD's are bigger
LCD's are a lot NOISIER
DLP's can generally use longer lenses so they can be placed in the back of the room

Now as Ekrem mentioned there seems to be no place where you can go and actually SEE these projectors for comparison. Would anyone say the above cons are true?

thanks,
Scott
www.ercatx.org
www.scottstark.com