Please include this announcement from the Brattleboro Film Festival in your next issue of Frameworks, thank you!!

-- -- -- --
Now in its third year, the Brattleboro Film Festival is proud to announce the call for submissions to our first annual Young Filmmakers’ Showcase. Continuing in the Brattleboro Film Festival’s tradition of highlighting new work by both established and emerging filmmakers, this year we are sending a special invitation to filmmakers under the age of 25 to submit their original work to be celebrated alongside the frontrunners of our 2014 program.

JURIED CATEGORIES

Selection Committee members will vote for prize winners in two categories:

Best filmmaker under the age of 18 wins $250
Best filmmaker between the ages of 18-25 wins $500

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

The filmmaker is 25 years old or younger, or was 25 years old at the time the film was made

Submissions of any genre, length, or content – made within the last three years – are welcome

No fee for submission needed

Please include a short written statement (less than 250 words) about your piece and a connection it has to the state of Vermont. The connection can be personal, geographic, or thematic – stretches of the imagination welcome! Be creative!

All necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present the work have been obtained. The Brattleboro Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.

All submissions must be received by September 30th, 2014

Links to submissions viewable online can be sent to brattfilmf...@gmail.com

Otherwise DVD copies can be sent to:

Brattleboro Film Festival

294 South Main Street