I've seen it done.. There are lenses that are curved so much that the
projector can be mounted on the ceiling, just a few feet away from the
wall, and pointing sharply down and it will still project a square image.
Those are probably pretty expensive.  If you're using the regular lens on
the projector, just position it as far away from the wall as you can - it
will work with keystoning and the proper angle.

5 to 7 hours seems fairly normal for videos that are on all day on a loop
in a gallery.  Multiply that by 30 days for the show and that's how it
usually works.