Call for Entries: Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival 2015
Deadline for submissions: midnight 30th November 2014

Hawick, Scotland
www.alchemyfilmfestival.org.uk

Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival is an international festival of
experimental film and artists’ moving image. Submissions of artists’ and
experimental film from any part of the world are welcome - we celebrate a
diverse range of works: the visually experimental, quietly poetic, formally
radical, psycho-geographical, politically activist, culturally subversive,
psycho-spiritual, the alchemically volatile, the underground and bizarre.

The next festival will take place over four days, April 16th-19th 2015, in
Hawick, in the Scottish Borders region of Scotland.

Theme
Our 2015 theme is the ‘Spiritus Mundi’. We accept submissions of works related
to any subject area, though this year we are especially interested in works
that may relate to the ‘Spiritus Mundi’, a historical term for the ‘World Soul’
or ‘Spirit of the World’. This is perhaps something we all unwittingly search
for, denoting a spirit of inquiry into the deep nature of substance, of film,
of luminosity and shadow, of meaning and life. It relates to a spirit of
universality and internationalism – that which underlies both our common
humanity and the structures of all natural phenomena. It means our
cultural-political Zietgeist too, the ‘spirit of the age’, and every bit as
ghostly, mutable and ephemeral.

Submissions
Deadline for submissions: midnight 30th November 2014. You will be notified by
30th January 2015.

We accept submissions direct through our Website or through FilmFreeway.
http://www.alchemyfilmfestival.org.uk/2013/2015-film-submissions/
https://filmfreeway.com/festival/AlchemyFilmFestival

Please read the full Terms of Entry:
http://www.alchemyfilmfestival.org.uk/2014/terms-of-entry/

There is a £5 entry fee (approx $8 / €6), or $9 if using FilmFreeway.

Richard Ashrowan
Creative Director
Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival
Next Edition: 16-19 April 2015
Hawick, Scottish Borders
www.alchemyfilmfestival.org.uk
www.ashrowan.com

FB: www.facebook.com/alchemyfilmfestival
Twitter: @alchemyfilmfest
Touring Programme:
http://www.alchemyfilmfestival.org.uk/2014/artists-film-touring-programme-2014/

Alchemy Film & Arts is a registered Scottish Charity: SC042142, Company No
452485.