The Superior was actually made by someone else and resold by Superior Bulk
film in Chicago, along with a lot of other film handling devices.  They
were cheap, and every TV newsroom bought one to make dirty dupes of news
footage to send to the networks, make dupes of public domain movies, etc.

The stability and sharpness is... not exactly good, but good enough to show
on TV, and they were very cheap.  The tension control is kind of poor and
limited so the degree of printer slip changes from the beginning and end of
the reel.

Some other companies made similar ones.... Testrite Instruments made the
one that we had at Master Sound for making dupes of workprints.  I don't
know about the Uhler...
---scott