Hi Lena,

I co-direct a women's film festival called GAZE in San Francisco, and we
have featured many films (and we have a collection of amazing submissions)
that may be of interest to you. Some that specifically stand out to me, -
in terms of "otherness"- or seemingly, "other" with regards to the film's
perspective, are:

Avo, by Raquel Schefer:
Bu Sahilde, by Merve Kayan and Zeynep Dadak
The Prayer, by Nooshin Rostami
Emilija Skarnulyte, By the Day and her film, Aldona

Good luck to you,
Mallary

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 7:49 AM, Francisco Torres <fjtorre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> may have been too rash. it is just that growing up in a 3rd world country
> with 3 feminist sisters makes me hard of thinking about ''otherness''...

> Having experienced that situation, I totally understood the title!! Good
>> luck with the program my friend.
>> Best,
>> Roshanak
>>
>> On Feb 8, 2015, at 4:44 AM, Lena Ditte Nissen <lenadi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you everybody for your replies so far!
>>
>> And yes, i also think Francisco is in is right here. But also i never
>> ment to increase the definition of "the other" as being somthing that lies
>> outside of white western dominated society only - but rather as something
>> that lies outside your regular perspective by any means. "you" being from
>> where-ever, going into another "place" (on a physical or psychological
>> level) than that you are used to, than that you know the best.
>>
>> Best wishes, Lena
>>

>> *LENADITTENISSEN.COM <http://lenadittenissen.com/>*
>> *  BERGERNISSEN.COM <http://bergernissen.com/>*
>> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:44 AM, Caryn Cline <carynycl...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Francisco makes a good point.  It is all about perspective.
>>>
>>> Perusing the Women Make Movies <http://www.wmm.com/index.asp>catalog
>>> might be helpful.  Here's an idea: Johanna d'Arc of Mongolia
>>> <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c338.shtml>--a mash-up before
>>> that was a concept.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> CC

>>> --
>>> Caryn Cline
>>> Experimental Filmmaker & Teacher
>>> vimeo.com/carynyc
>>> Co-producer & cinematographer, *Acts of Witness*
>>> www.actsofwitness.com

>> Roshanak
>> roshanakelmendorf.com

 "I am a part of all that I have met." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, Ulysses