I’m really interested on that topic also, but I’m sure that you know more films 
than me. Lately I found this, but you probably know all these films…

http://otherfilm.org/optical-sound/ <http://otherfilm.org/optical-sound/>

A couple of weeks ago I spend one afternoon looking for optical sound films at 
vimeo and I found several interesting pieces, but most of them are from the 
80s, 90s or even more recent.

(Ø)
_____________________
_blank
www.null66913.net
www.mediateletipos.net

> De: Albert Alcoz <albertalc...@yahoo.es <mailto:albertalc...@yahoo.es>>
> Para: "frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com 
> <mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>" <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com 
> <mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
> Fecha: 11 de febrero de 2015, 9:46:09 CET
> Responder a: Albert Alcoz <albertalc...@yahoo.es 
> <mailto:albertalc...@yahoo.es>>
> Asunto: [Frameworks] Optical sound – Structural film
> 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> Does anybody know structural or structural-materialist or minimal/abstract 
> films from the sixties or seventies where the sound of the film comes 
> directly from the graphic treatment on the optical sound area of the 
> celluloid?
> 
> Kurt Kren drew a line with ink in his film Trees of Autumn (1960) and Guy 
> Sherwin shot pictures on the variable area of the soundtrack. Those films 
> were collected on the Optical Sound Films (1971-2007) DVD.
> 
> I thought the soundtrack of Roh Film (1968) by Birgit & Wilhelm Hein was done 
> directly from the collage materials attached on the surface of the emulsion 
> but it is not. It was done afterwards, as an autonomous noise piece by 
> Christian Michelis. 
> 
> I'm thinking about films like Dynamo Dresden (1971) by Lis Rhodes or 
> Soundtrack (1969) by Barry Spinello, but they are more abstract animation 
> pieces following the visual music tradition than the structural or systemic 
> patterns.
> 
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> 
> Thank you very much,
> 
> Albert Alcoz
> -- 
> http://visionaryfilm.net/ <http://www.visionaryfilm.net/>
> http://albertalcoz.com/ <http://www.albertalcoz.com/>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> De: Pip Chodorov <framewo...@re-voir.com <mailto:framewo...@re-voir.com>>
> Para: Albert Alcoz <albertalc...@yahoo.es <mailto:albertalc...@yahoo.es>>, 
> Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com 
> <mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
> Fecha: 11 de febrero de 2015, 11:31:45 CET
> Asunto: Re: [Frameworks] Optical sound - Structural film
> 
> 
> There's "Ten Drawings" by Steve Farrer (1976)
> http://lightcone.org/fr/film-477-10-drawings 
> <http://lightcone.org/fr/film-477-10-drawings>
> 
> 
> At 8:46 +0000 11/02/15, Albert Alcoz wrote:
>> Does anybody know structural or structural-materialist or minimal/abstract 
>> films from the sixties or seventies where the sound of the film comes 
>> directly from the graphic treatment on the optical sound area of the 
>> celluloid?
> 
> 
> 
> De: Peter Mudie <peter.mu...@uwa.edu.au <mailto:peter.mu...@uwa.edu.au>>
> Para: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com 
> <mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
> Fecha: 11 de febrero de 2015, 12:02:09 CET
> Asunto: Re: [Frameworks] Optical sound - Structural film
> 
> 
> Rarely discussed, but a fantastic film – one of the best from the LFMC.
> Peter
> (Perth)
> 
> From: Pip Chodorov <framewo...@re-voir.com <mailto:framewo...@re-voir.com>>
> Reply-To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com 
> <mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
> Date: Wednesday, 11 February 2015 6:31 pm
> To: Albert Alcoz <albertalc...@yahoo.es <mailto:albertalc...@yahoo.es>>, 
> Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com 
> <mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Optical sound - Structural film
> 
> There's "Ten Drawings" by Steve Farrer (1976)
> http://lightcone.org/fr/film-477-10-drawings 
> <http://lightcone.org/fr/film-477-10-drawings>
> 
> 
> At 8:46 +0000 11/02/15, Albert Alcoz wrote:
>> Does anybody know structural or structural-materialist or minimal/abstract 
>> films from the sixties or seventies where the sound of the film comes 
>> directly from the graphic treatment on the optical sound area of the 
>> celluloid?
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list
> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com <mailto:FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks 
> <https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks>
_______________________________________________
FrameWorks mailing list
FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks

Reply via email to