"Navajo Film Themselves"
http://www.penn.museum/sites/navajofilmthemselves/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMO2UGfaBI

Rob

From: Nate Cummings
<ncummingslamb...@gmail.com<mailto:ncummingslamb...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, 5 March 2015 03:02
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
<frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com<mailto:frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>>
Subject: [Frameworks] American Indian and Indigenous experimental filmmakers

Dear Frameworkers,

A small group of students and alumni are programing an American Indian and
Indigenous film screening series at CalArts for the end of the month. This will
be a week long event from March 30th to April 3rd.

I'm reaching out to all of you for suggestions as we finalize our programming
in the next coming weeks.

The program covers a range of forms and techniques and any suggestions will be
appreciated and looked at. We are specifically looking for work made by
American Indian and Indigenous peoples, not simply about.

Programs will be arranged around such topics as:
The Construction of Knowledge in Ethnographic Film Practices
The Preservation and Conservation of Indigenous Land and Rights Contemporary
Indigenous Art and Crafts
Personal Narratives and Histories on the Reservation.

As the event draws closer I'll send out the program details for those
interested in the Southern California and Los Angeles area.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Best,

Nate Cummings-Lambert
(Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians)

[Falmouth University] <http://www.falmouth.ac.uk/>      [Follow us]
[Facebook]  <https://www.facebook.com/falmouthuni>      [Twitter]
<http://twitter.com/falmouthuni>     [Youtube]
<http://www.youtube.com/falmouthuniversity>  [Pintrest]
<http://pinterest.com/falmouthuni>  [cid:image9cfdda.GIF@913adb8c.41af24c8]
<http://www.falmouth.ac.uk/content/falmouth-leaps-26-places-sunday-times-league-table>

  This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us
immediately and then delete it.