Michael,

I noticed that on page 281 of
http://monoskop.org/images/9/9a/Foster_Stephen_C_Hans_Richter_Activism_Modernism_and_the_Avant-Garde.pdf
, as part of the section called "Books, Pamphlets", there's a mention of

Film and Progress. Not published in full; published in part in
the Neue Zu¨rcher Zeitung.American version of Der Kampf
um den Film, prepared in collaboration with Herman Weinberg,
New York, 1939–42.

which fits the date pretty well. That manuscript turns out to be in Yale's
collection.
http://www.worldcat.org/title/hans-richter-papers-1916-1973/oclc/795896197&referer=brief_results

There's also a guide to the Richter Archive at the Museum of Modern Art (
https://www.moma.org/learn/resources/archives/EAD/HansRichterf) that has
some candidates for what you're looking for.

Eric