Hello Frameworkers!

I am writing to let you all know about a new filmmaker residency program in
Detroit, Michigan. My partner, Ben Gaydos and I run Mothlight Microcinema
<http://www.mothlightmicrocinema.org/>, which screens experimental and
avant-garde, fiction, documentary, and animated videos and films in
Detroit, Michigan.

We recently started a filmmaker-in-residence program that supports
production and presentation of work by independent film and video artists.
We host filmmakers as they work on the research, production or
post-production of their independently funded project(s). Residency
concludes with a public screening featuring the resident’s work presented
by Mothlight Microcinema (the screening may consist of previously completed
work). The residency is located in a quiet, tree-lined historic
neighborhood in Detroit.

*Residency includes:*

   - Private use of the Mothlight Studio

<http://www.mothlightmicrocinema.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/MMC_Studio02.jpg>
   (outfitted with an iMac computer with FCP 7.0, Adobe Premier (full CS6) and
   other software)
   - access to microphones, mixers, and an in-house soundbooth for
   recording audio overlays. [Resident must supply own filmstock and other
   production equipment: cameras, tripods, etc].
   - Studio Screening Room (113″ Screen, HD video, 16mm, and Super 8mm
   projection)
   - All utilities, internet/wifi access
   - Private bedroom and bath <https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3894756?s=0s-B>
   - Shared Kitchen
   - Transportation to/from Airport/Train provided**
   - Bicycle**

**Car transportation around Detroit is resident’s responsibility

*Cost:*  $500/month or $150/week (up to one month)
Apply here! <http://www.mothlightmicrocinema.org/residency/> (scroll down
for the online form)

Feel free to write to Julia at julia(dot)yezbick(at)gmail(dot)com with any
questions.

--
Julia Yezbick
PhD Candidate, Anthropology