Hey Scott,
Do you think there is any way that we could screen an Andrew  Noren program
at Exploded View in Tucson? I have an understanding that Andrew was
influenced by the landscape of the Chihuahua monument in SE AZ (large
volcanic desert monoliths) What film could this be? Here in Tucson (close
to the Chihuahua) we are operating on the fringes, but are committed to
creating an alt film scene here in the AZ southwest.. We remember amazing
attending screenings  or Noren's work in SF in the 90's (SF Cinematheque)
So whats possible for our venue w/ Noren now?
Best, David

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Scott MacDonald <smacd...@hamilton.edu>
wrote:

> *The first Noren film I ever saw was THE WIND VARIATIONS, a lovely, serene
> study of light and shadow and the motion of a light summer breeze on a
> window curtain. We were at the Whitney, in that amazingly uncomfortable
> little theater, and part way through the short film (18 minutes, silent)
> some members of the small audience begin grousing: "What's the point of
> this!"--stuff  like that. Someone else speaks up, "Shut up! If you don't
> like the film, leave--we want to enjoy it!" "DON'T TELL ME TO SHUT UP--I
> paid to get in here like everyone else." It went on.*
>

> *This was back in the day, the Seventies--when everyone spoke up to tell
> everyone else what they liked and didn't like. There was something
> sublimely funny about this ever-so-quiet film creating a brouhaha. *
>

> *I remember the film, and that experience, fondly.*
>

> *It's great to hear that some of the Noren prints are in good shape. Let's
> hope HUGE PUPILS finds its way back into circulation.*
> *Scott *

David Sherman

646 E. 5th Street
Tucson, AZ 8705