Do you want the same image on all the monitors, or do you want a piece of the
image on each monitor to make all the monitors
show one whole image?

The 2 are different processes.

If you want the same image on multiple monitors, what you need depends on the
number of monitors.
There is a device called a "D.A." which means Distribution Amplifier.
It is basically one input, and multiple outputs of the same image.
You can plug a computer into this, and then come out to your monitors.
You can get a D.A. in many flavors;  DVI, VGA, HDMI.....
Also they come in different number of monitors they can support.... 1x2, 1x4,
1x6 etc.....

If you want one image to go to multiple monitors, to make all the monitors be a
part of one big image, then you need a splitter.
I've used a bunch of them, the only brand name I can remember off the top of my
head is Matrox.

Using both the DA and the Matrox, one computer will most definitely work.

There is a lot more I could say, but it would help if I knew if you wanted the
same on all the monitors, or different making one whole......

I do image splitting like this all the time in my corporate A/V job, if you
have any more questions, feel free to ask......
:)

Kristie Reinders, B.F.A.

Director of Cinematography, Electric Visions

Curator and Head Projectionist, Electric Mural Project

The Mission, San Francisco, CA

'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'

- - - Issac Asimov