I use a 4 pin to 9 pin FireWire cable with a FireWire to thunderbolt adaptor on
the end.

That way there is no need to daisy chain through hard drives.

The FireWire to Thunderbolt adaptor was a bit pricey but worth it. While I was
at it, I also ordered an eSata to thunderbolt adaptor.... I now use those
adaptors alllll the time. Super useful tools that allow me to use my older hard
drives and devices in various configurations with both older and newer
computers.

adc

Sent from my iPhone