This has been happening to me for a few years, off and on, with the 100 D
stock.  I first experienced it only on the Nizo, and more recently on the
Canon 1014 and 814.  I have yet to try it on the Beaulieau, but after that
I am out of options.

Taking the cartridge out and tapping it lightly on a table seems to release
the tension, but that is only good for another 20 seconds of shooting.
Because the 100 D is so precious, I have been switching between cameras and
tapping the cartridge intermittently.  The footage i got back shows the
flash frames from taking the cartridge out, otherwise I haven't noticed
much of an issue in the image itself.  I assume this is some kind of issue
with the manufacture of the cartridge, though someone else suggested it
might have to do with the thickness of the emulsion.

Tara Merenda Nelson