Thanks to all for the excellent suggestions and information. It is in fact Sleep that we'll be showing in Austin, TX in October; I'm not hopeful that I'll be able to find two functioning 16fps projectors locally, but as someone told me this morning privately, most 16fps projectors just had rheostat controls that were not particularly accurate, and in fact many 18fps projectors probably don't run at that exact speed anyway. (MOMA also noted that we could show it at 18fps.)

Anecdotally, we recently had a successful two-projector screening of The Chelsea Girls in Austin. Prior to the screening, I got an email from someone encouraging me to instead use four projectors, as it would cut the screening time in half. Always good to get these things over with quickly, I say!

best,
Scott