The Windows Collective is proud to announce our most ambitious project to date,
a cross-Canada tour where we will present a series of engaging film
installations in seven cities across four provinces. The public will see and
interact with silent film loops projected on 16mm film, as well as the
mechanisms used to house the loops. The Windows Collective’s contemporary and
mobile urban art practice transforms the city itself into a canvas, and outdoor
film projection is our graffiti. Members of the collective will also be giving
workshops and masterclasses, offering the public a rare opportunity to learn
unconventional approaches to working with traditional celluloid.
Schedule of events:
North Bay, Ontario • September 2
Near North Mobile Media Lab • Film installation
Kenora, Ontario • September 5 & 6
Northwestern Film & Video • Film installation
Thunder Bay, Ontario • September 9 & 10
Bay Street Film Festival • Film installation & artist talk
Winnipeg, Manitoba • September 12 & 13
Winnipeg Film Group • Hand-processing & rayograph photography workshop
Vancouver, British Columbia • September 19 & 20
Iris Film Collective • Film installation & cameraless animation workshop
Victoria, British Columbia • September 22
MediaNet • Film installation
Calgary, Alberta • September 24, 25 & 26
Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers • Film installation, artist talk &
workshop on creating organic developer recipes
Installation presented by CSIF as part of EMMEDIA Gallery and Production
Society's Pulse
The Windows Collective formed in 2008 with the intention to explore the
subversive possibilities of creating outdoor public film installations and of
bringing alternative film practices to a wider audience in the city of Ottawa.
The vision of the Collective is to create original, accessible and
unconventional art events using super 8mm, 16mm and 35mm film as the medium.

Sent from Outlook