*The Situated Cinema Project; in-camera* is a portable micro-cinema
commissioned by Toronto-based Pleasure Dome media arts exhibition
collective to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Created by Halifax-based
filmmaker Solomon Nagler with architects Thomas Evans and Jonathan
Mandeville of passage studio, the structure features pilgrimage (16mm, 4
min. looped, 2015) — an experimental film created by Nagler and his
artistic collaborator Alexandre Larose.

>From September 10 — 20, the Situated Cinema will travel to three Toronto
locations, hosted by the Toronto International Film Festival®, 8-11 Gallery
and Artscape Youngplace. As it travels, the architectural structure of the
cinema will intervene in the city, creating unexpected situations where
chance encounters and dislocated spaces forge new relationships between the
spectatorial body and the urban landscape. Inseparable from its context,
the Situated Cinema Project;in-camera explores intersections of film and
architecture through a rejection of conventional cinematic
representation,reinventing the cinema space as temporary and mobile.

Dates & Locations:

September 10-13: The Toronto International Film Festival’s Festival Street
- Intersection of King Street West & Peter St. (TIFF Festival Street hours
of operation)

September 14-16: 8-11 Gallery - 233 Spadina Ave (10am-10pm)

September 17-20: Artscape Youngplace - 180 Shaw St. (10am-10pm)

Artist talk: Sat Sept 12 @ 7:30pm - Artscape Youngplace
Reception: Thurs Sept 17 @ 6-10pm - Artscape Youngplace

For more information: www.pdome.org

FB: facebook.com/pdomeTO
Twitter: @PleasureDomeTO (#SituatedCinema)

Many thanks to the Canada Council for the Arts for their assistance for
this project through a Media Arts Initiatives Grant, and to our programming
partners, The Toronto International Film Festival, 8-11 Gallery and
Artscape Youngplace.

Pleasure Dome is made possible through the ongoing support of:The Canada
Council for the Arts, The Ontario Arts Council and the City of Toronto
through the Toronto Arts Council as well as our members, sponsors and
community partners.

® Toronto International Film Festival Inc., used under license