Hello frameworkers,

I am compiling a list of books written by filmmakers about their own work and contextualizing it within their life experience in the form of an autobiography of their life in relation to film. I am interested in books by filmmakers reflecting on their practice in a deep personal way, where their ideas about film are framed within their particular approach to film-making and their personal understanding of what film is. I am looking for full books, not articles. Books that compile personal essays reflecting on the filmmakers work are also considered. i.e Antonioni's Architecture of Vision.

I have found numerous books written by filmmakers ranging from Jean Renoir to Brackhage, however I am having trouble finding examples of books like this written by women filmmakers. If you could give me some recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Noé