Of the SSL parts, the transformer, and the fly wheel are the heaviest.
Don't think
you want to remove those.

Other things you could remove, actually have some function use, so I don't
think
you'd want to remove these either (elevator foot, carry handle). There is a
lot of
plastic and aluminum on that machine, so it's pretty light as is.

Hokushin made a slot load that was slightly smaller and weighs less than
the SSL,
though these are not as easy to find when compared to the SSL.

Alain

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Floris Vanhoof <2206...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
> I'll be traveling with 2 Eiki SSL projectors next week and want to make
> them as light as possible.
> The loudspeakers are out already, as I never use them.
> What else can be eliminated?
>
> Also: the manual says 11 to 15kg
> But mine are 15kg anyway (even without the speaker)
>
> Anyone from Budapest on this list?
> Or tips where to find 16mm or slide projectors over there?
>
> Best wishes, Floris
>

> 30-09 UH Festival Budapest
> w/ C. Spencer Yeh, Phill Niblock, Thomas Ankersmit, Dean Blunt, Charles
> Cohen, Rashad Becker, CM von Hausswolff
> 03-10 A4 Bratisalva
> 04-10 installation at Gent Matinees
> 09 till 11-10 filmscreening at Tusk festival Newcastle
> 10-10 Composition For Robot Orchestra, Logos Ghent
> w/ Lieven Martens Moana
> 17-10 Filmfestival Vooruit Ghent
> w/ Terry Riley & John Withney film
> 23-10 Music for Greg Pope's Cipher-screen projection, Filmfestival Ghent.
> w/ Sally Golding, Malcolm Le Grice, Anthony McCall
> 20-11 till 09-12 Tarzana European tour (Jan Anderzen, Spencer Clarck,
> Floris Vanhoof)

40 FRAMES
Portland, Oregon USA

+1 503 231 6548