Members and friends of Millennium Film Workshop are invited to an Informational
Meeting that will introduce proposed Bylaws revisions on Wednesday October 7 at
7:00pm.  The presentation with Q&A will be held in the Gallery of Brooklyn Fire
Proof East, Bushwick.  This revision and restatement of the Bylaws,
commissioned at the April 2012 Members Meeting, are intended to meet the letter
and spirit of new state non-profit laws, strengthen Millennium’s governance and
support, increase transparency and accountability, and enhance member
participation.  This meeting will be an opportunity to learn why Bylaws
revision is critical to Millennium’s future, and how this revision can move us
ahead.  In a few weeks we will ask the members to vote their approval of these
new bylaws.  Then elections will be held for our new expanded governing board.
At this meeting we will explain the new candidate recruitment process that will
lead to the board election, and why it is central to Millennium’s new process
of board development.  We will explain candidate expectations, and the diverse
skills and life experiences Millennium seeks to build a stronger board.
Brooklyn Fire Proof East is located at 119 Ingraham Street in Bushwick,
Brooklyn.  (Two blocks from the Morgan Ave station on the “L” subway line.)