Hi Meg,

To add on to what Bernd, Diana and Roger have said I would recommend
renting/buying a projector in Germany if possible. To add on to the other
rating like this one:

http://www.amazon.de/2000W-SPANNUNGSWANDLER-220V-step-down-step-up/dp/B005MNT876/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1445515915&sr=8-2&keywords=2000w+Spannungswandler

This is presuming the Eiki is rated at ~7.5 amps. 110v x 7.5a = ~825W and you
generally want one rated at 2x or 3x the power consumption since the actual
draw on the converter is rated lower during longer periods of use. 2000W should
be fine, but you also have to fly with the projector and find/install the belt
to compensate for the frequency difference (50hz and 60hz).

You might be over the weight and/or size limit (generally 50lbs/23kg and 62
linear inches) for most airlines once you get it packed up. Plus internal
connections and components can shake loose during travel. So the converter at
€100, the baggage fee at $100-200 plus the belt ($5-30) and you could buy an
Eiki or Bauer in Germany for about the same or less. There are a lot of Bauer
P*s (5-8) on german ebay and shipping is generally less than it would be in the
states for larger items.

It may be a pain to coordinate purchasing/shipping with a foreign ebay account,
but I think it's easier than getting your Eiki over here and working, unless
you have a surplus of time/money.

Just my two cents!

Good luck!
Chris